Investigating Professional Goals
Participants begin to explore how this collaboration fits into individual professional goals.
Interview one another with these questions. You may want to go back and forth between questions (switching between the roles of interviewer and interviewee) or take turns in these roles (one person asks all the questions, once done, switch). Document as necessary; the responses may be helpful to capture. After you are done, discuss some highlights with the whole group.
1. What initially attracted you to your work?
2. What kinds of things are you trying to accomplish in your work right now?
3. What are you hoping will be the greater impact of the work you are doing currently?
4. How do you define success?
5. What direction do you see for the future of your own career?